Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now, you guys know how I love Harry Potter....and so while I was avoiding the Level IV Assembly last Monday (I really HATE these assemblies! They are totally a waste of my time AND energy), I stumbled upon an amazing find! It's this little book called Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody by Michael Berger. Ha! That's what playing hooky will do to you - you find extremely useless, but I believe, priceless finds! And this one is no exception.

Since everyone is so familiar with J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, I'd like to tell you a little more about Barry Trotter. Barry Trotter is a parody of the popular Harry Potter series that I mentioned before. This really caught my eye because of the name Barry Trotter. I picked up the book, since it almost looked like Harry Potter and started reading the synopsis which really captivated my interrest. Since I am also a fan of parodies (I really enjoy reading the Mad Magazine, watching shows like Mad TV, Saturday Night Live, and other comedy series on TV), I immediately searched the web (how convenient, I love the world wide web!) and found the website for Barry Trotter. There have already been three books published in this series and I intend to get a box set for the price of three (nice one Mike Gerber!) Hehehehe just visit the website and see for yourself. I already enjoyed reading the first chapter and I am looking forwards to purchasing the book and finish reading it.

For more info, Barry Trotter's website is http://www.barrytrotter.com

0 deranged screams: