Good bye curly locks, hello straight hair!

Monday, May 19, 2008

I just had my hair rebonded...again! This is the third time that I had my hair rebonded.
What is hair rebonding? Well, hair rebonding is a salon service where naturally curly hair is turned to straight, manageable hair with the use of a hair straightening product plus a hair iron.
After much prodding, I finally submitted to having my hair rebonded. Then, I was really scared because I didn't like my hair to be so stiff and twig-like. I have known quite a few friends who had their hair rebonded. Their hair results didn't come to stuff. It was just as I feared - stiff and twig-like! Their results discouraged me to ever have my hair treated. That was three years ago. Fast forward to today, this is my third hair treatment and I love it! My hair is not stiff or twig-like at all! My hair is smooth and silky, not at all like my friends' hair.
Considering current fashion: straight is beautiful, I just had to try it out. As much as I loved my curly mane, I sometimes hated it because I could not go out with just a simple headband or cute hair clips. I had to tie my hair with a scrunchie all the time! This was to prevent my hair from frizzing out. It was horrible! I had limited hair styles to my hair because it was really hard to manage it. Of course I could do braids and such but it I couldn't let my hair flow free about my shoulders.
Now that I have my straight hair it's been great! I can now let it flow without any restraints! I love my hair!
Word of advice, though. If you really want to have your hair treated, please go to a reputable hair salon even if it would really hurt your pockets. It's much better to invest in expensive hair treatments than skimp on them resulting to hair damage or worse, hair loss! I have heard many scary stories regarding hair treatments, and all of them aren't pretty. As a result, they even spent more cash just to have their hair fixed by another salon! Oh, the HORROR!

NOTE: pics of my new hair to be posted later.





4 deranged screams:

cherry May 20, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

hi, as much as I want to have straight hair by rebonding it, I can't. My hair is "over-processed", brittle and dry. It's the result of many years of pretending to be a mestiza. I've been dyeing my hair since college. BTW, would you like to join my project? Nothing serious. Some may even call it a tag but I want to make it more personal. Here's the link:

http://girlforallstatus.blogspot.com/2008/05/project-whats-inside-your-bag.html

Zeee May 20, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

ahh I see....well hair rebonding is the only thing that has "processed" my hair! i never wanted it colored....

hmmm i'll drop by ur site and see it... thanks for the invite! :)

Anonymous May 20, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

nice site...actually found the title to be interesting too..

Zeee May 20, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

thanks! :) and thanks for dropping by! :)