What's in a Smoke?

Saturday, May 17, 2008

I've been after my hubby and my father quitting cigarette smoking for what seems like years! They still don't listen. I am thinking of printing this picture of the constituents of cigarettes. Take a good look at it and tell me if it is healthy?
What are cigarettes? Cigarettes are manufactured out of cured and finely cut tobacco leaves and reconstituted tobacco, combined with other additives, then rolled or stuffed into a paper-wrapped cylinder. Hmmm seems pretty harmless, don't you think? I mean, cigarettes come from plants so they must be healthy, right? WRONG! It is the added chemicals to cigarettes that make them toxic.

Cigarettes are proven to be highly addictive, as well as a cause of multiple types of cancer, heart disease, respiratory disease, circulatory disease, birth defects (which include mental and physical disability) and emphysema.







4 deranged screams:

Abhi May 18, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Hey, Great efforts!!!

We need these types of discussion to spread the awareness about the anti-smoking.

Keep it up!!!

Love and Peace,
Abhijeet Rajwade (IDEAFEST)

aeirin May 18, 2008 at 1:25 AM  

I'll show this to my husband. he never listens to me. Cigarettes are really bad for our health. Thanks for sharing this

Anonymous May 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

I don't think you will find a smoker any where saying "have a smoke it good for you". Remember, they are one of the most addictive substances on earth and quiting is not ever easy and my daughters nagging is not helpful!

Zeee May 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

yes it's not easy but it IS possible...i just don't know why people still keep on smoking even though they know that it's not good for them...

have you kids tried "reverse psychology?"