Photoshop Tutorials

Friday, May 9, 2008

Since scouring the web for photoshop tutorials for the umpteenth time, I have never found a single tutorial that I did follow to the letter. Perhaps it is because I might not be using the exact same version of PS or I might not have understood the instructions or I might not get what the tutor is writing about.

I still find it very hard to learn from these tutorials but I must say that I have picked up a few tips and tricks along the way. It might not be perfect but as a photoshop newbie, I think it will do. I have since made a few photoshop projects (see Secret Fantasy) but I believe I am still a looooongggg way behind the experts.

I have started making my very own photomanipulation but it still leaves a lot to be done. This is my first ever photomanipulation and in this case, I'd like to be my very own personal critic. I'd say this image is not proportionate to the brushes that I added for the skirt. Ha! I'm still adding this to my "trash" bin and make more in the future. I was following a tutorial while making this project and I must say, it stopped following the tutorial because halfway along, I totally lost it!

I'm still looking for other tutorials that I can finish to the letter. I am not blaming these tutorials however, but myself in not getting all the photoshop technical language thingy. I know I still have a lot to learn and I will strive hard to be better at this!




0 deranged screams: