Memes: Weekly Question #6

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I am absolutely happy that I joined this weekly meme. I love the questions that Julie asked because they make me think deep thoughts and ponder about life's questions. To know more about this meme, click here. You will not have any problems in following the meme because you can opt to receive an email informing you of the new question of the week.

Can you describe yourself as a friend? Or how do your friends describe you as a friend?

It is hard describing oneself as a friend - a true friend, to be exact. I know that everyone has their own "qualities of a friend" list that they are mum about. I know it would be really rude if you spread them around and tell a person that he/she doesn't qualify as "friend material." That is why I am not going to describe myself as a friend or tell you how my friends describe me. Believe me, I don't really know how they see me in black and white. All I do know is what they have done for me as my friend. You see, when they do something for me, it is guaranteed that I would do something back for them when they need it.
  • My friends tell me their secrets. I have never been a secret keeper but I have also not been a total blabber mouth. There are still things that I know that I haven't divulged to anyone. I still believe that the person concerned still doesn't know that I know this tidbit but it hasn't hampered our relationship.
  • My friends come over to my house all the time. Well, it used to be all the time but since the lot of us have gotten married, or got jobs in other countries and/or cities, or got jobs, we have stopped doing that. It was fun, though, when we where still in high school and in our early years in college. We still do it sometimes, but not as frequent as before.
  • My friends are frank. I know you think that it's a bad quality for a friend but to me, it's not. I would not want a friend to keep on talking behind my back. That would be me, as well. I can be blunt, however, I have stopped being totally blunt because I don't want to hurt their feelings (growing up does that to you). Usually, my thoughts would be kept to myself until I have told the person, in a kinder way, of course, what I felt or thought at that time.
  • When my friends fight with each other, they fight amongst themselves and not include the others. It used to be different when we where in grade school. When a fight would ensue, there would be total chaos that breaks the group into two, pitting one group against the other. I remember one time when we had a movie session at my place and only two of my friends arrived, we were talking (of course I was doing the talking and they were answering) about school and stuff until the others arrived. It was only until after the movie that I realized that those two friends weren't on speaking terms with each other! Clueless me. But anyway, they didn't show it and we talked, albeit ignoring each other, with no one the wiser!
  • My friends ask me for help. If it's just lending my ear or asking for advice, I try to give really good advice. However, since giving advice is really hard, I let them talk my ear off and let them vent out their feelings until they see things clearly. This works way on both sides.
Sometimes, your friends can become one of your worst enemies. I haven't personally felt the wrath of my friends and hoping that I would never fell their fire, ever. My friends and I have been through a lot. Through laughter and tears, we shared them all. I must say that we have been close even though we have our own lives and we have new circle of friends. One of them once said to me that "she may have new friends at work but we would never forget us." That's not a direct quote though, since she was speaking in Bisaya (our local dialect in Dumaguete).
Ah, time does fly. These are a few snaps that I saw lying around my lappy.





Like this article? Add me

5 deranged screams:

TeacherJulie June 29, 2008 at 3:19 AM  

Zriz, thanks for doing this.

It is nice to know that your friends trust you with their secrets and that they keep those itty bitty bits of misunderstanding between themselves and not involve others.

Thanks and have a great week :)


Julie

Lurchie June 29, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

awwwwwwwwwwwww shucks.. me wanna cry..

heyyyyyyyy that's my babyyyyyyyy!!! :P

Zeee June 29, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

bwahahaha yah...that was christmas '06 dear... :)

shenzee June 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh i miss those movie marathons... and the Books Books Books Zr! heheheh

Zeee June 30, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

hahaha mao! books books books gyud... lahi nman iyang ngalan ron ehn...nyahahahahaha :D