Tags & Memes: What is Love?

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I was tagged by Pinay Mommy of pexlinks triple love. When I received this tag I thought I knew what my definition would be. But right now, I am stumped. I still don't know how to define it. It is a simple word to define, right? In fact, Merriam-Webster defines love as:

love as a noun
1 a (1): strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties love for a child> (2): attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3): affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b: an assurance of love love>
2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
3 a: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration love> b (1): a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment (2)British —used as an informal term of address
4 a: unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1): the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2): brotherly concern for others b: a person's adoration of God
5: a god or personification of love
6: an amorous episode : love affair
7: the sexual embrace : copulation
8: a score of zero (as in tennis)
9: capitalized Christian Science : god

love as a transitive verb
1: to hold dear : cherish
2 a: to feel a lover's passion, devotion, or tenderness for b (1): caress (2): to fondle amorously (3): to copulate with
3: to like or desire actively : take pleasure in <loved to play the violin>
4: to thrive in loves sunlight

love as an intransitive verb
to feel affection or experience desire


There are a lot of definitions about love. Heck, there have been a lot of movies and novels written about love! But what does love mean to me? When I think about love I always remember the song Grow Old with You from the movie The Wedding Singer. I believe this is what love is. When you love someone, you are willing to accept all his/her faults and accept him/her as he/she is. Idealistic, I know but I am not in a cynical mood right now. I'm leaving you with the song and the lyrics of Grow Old with You.

Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you.
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growin' old with you.
I'll miss you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold.
Need you, feed you, I'll even let you hold the remote control.
So let me do the dishes in the kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.
Oh I could be the man (or woman!) to grow old with you.
I wanna grow old with you.



*START COPY HERE*



1. Make a post with your answer to the question “What is Love?”

2. After the post, copy the complete instruction from *START COPY HERE* to *END COPY HERE* together with the pexlinks banner and place it under your post.

3. Please make sure you copy all the links and all must be originally intact.

4. After making the post, please comment HERE with the permalink of your post.

5. Please visit HERE every now and then to update your post with all the links of the participants.

6. Tag as many friends as you want. Share the love and receive love. We are hoping that spreading this will help us in our technorati authority and maybe PR.

Bearers of Love: 1 – Pexlinks Triple Love 2 – Pinay Mommy Online 3 – Momhood Moments 4 – Aerin's Collection 5 – Deranged Insanity 6 - you’re next…

*END COPY HERE*

Enday, Charmdestiny, Mommy Elvz & Lurchie
Tagged! You're IT!



Like this article? Add me

0 deranged screams: