Contests: It's My Birthday Contest!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yes, you read it! No, it's not my birthday but one of my online friends Miss Write is having a contest. I loved the way she phrased it in her post when she said that "Instead of waiting for you people to send me presents, though, I guess this is a very good chance for me to give back to everyone who helped make this blog a success (albeit a minor one)."

Well, there's nothing minor about her contest, mind you. Her first place winner will receive a June Casagrande’s best-seller, Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies: A Guide to Language for Fun and Spite (1 Winner) + 1 signed copy of Mortal Syntax from June Casagrande. Isn't that great? Quite appropriate, actually given the fact that Miss Write has a writing blog; one of my favorites on the web. The second prize would be 1000 Entrecard Credits each (2 Winners), and the third prize, 500 Entrecard Credits each (5 Winners).

For more info about her contest mechanics, check out her blog Miss Write.

Deadline for submission of entries: 12 midnight, Sept. 8, 2008 (GMT +0800)

Winners will be announced on September 9, 2008 (Miss Write's 25th birthday!)










Like this article? Add me

2 deranged screams:

Anonymous August 25, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

Advance Happy Birthday to Miss Write! Is any blogger eligible to join?

Unknown August 25, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

Wow looks like a cool contest! I'll check it out later. Ooopsss, before I forget I do have something for you
here .
Stay fab!
Cheers!