Starlight

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I found a poem that I wrote almost 10 years ago. It's a bit cheesy, I know but hey, I can always claim immaturity as an excuse, right?


The night is dark, cold, and dreary

Oh, how I miss your touch

Your presence, your love

It drives me insane

That both of us are apart

Looking up at the heavens

I see with clarity

Twinkling stars winking down at me

Oh, how I wish one of them was you.



A long and lonely night it is

But so full of stars alight

It's ironic to think about

A wonderful night but I'm alone

Without you in my arms

Oh, how I wish my loneliness would end

When you would be back in my arms again

Arms that feel empty.



Looking at the heavens above

I am waiting for a sign

That one day I would find a way

To be in your arms again

To sing to me and to love me

And every time I look up at the stars

I know that there, in the space

Of light and nothingness

There, we can find love

Love to fill our lives

Forever...










Like this article? Add me

3 deranged screams:

shenzee September 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM  

awwwwww... i can just picture u writing this... so young.. so full of hope and inspiration.. heheheh

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 4:30 AM  

ohhhhhhhhkay..
heheheh

nice one! :D

I wish I could write poems.. :(

Zeee September 11, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

@Lurch: Aww I thought is sucked dear. I didn't change anything though. I wanted to preserve all my "innocence" in that poem. This was years ago after all. :)