LaPiS: Silog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Silog
I'm a bit late for LaPis but I decided to give this one a go. I love the SILOG meals because they remind me of our favorite hunts back in Dumaguete: Habhaban. They serve a variety of silog meals which you can mix and match.

Of course, my hubby always makes me my fave silog meal: tosilog; which is tocino, sinangag and itlog. He even makes the eggs perfect, malasado, if you will, just the way I love it. mmmmm yum yum.

We were all out of tocino though and so I used bacon instead.

Bacsilog
(bacon . sinangag . itlog)
Bacsilog

Ode to the Egg
Ode to the Itlog

For those who are unfamiliar with the terms I used,
tocino means curred pork
sinangag means fried garlic rice
itlog means egg
habhab means "to stuff yourself with food"
malasado in this case means runny, the egg yolk is runny

17 deranged screams:

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

tocilog is also number 1 in the household esp. to the kids:) thanks for playing! you're not late don't worry:) it's a whole week affair of drooling on these silog entries anyways:)

Zeee December 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

thanks Ces! I hopped to the other entries and all of them are mouthwatering... now I wish I could go back to Pinas and have my fave silog with my hubby....

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

bacon, one of our fave, too! :)
love your new template, sis! ako tapulan jud mag ayo sa blogs. lol.

happy holidays!

Zeee December 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

Hahahaha header lang ang nausob sis...oh well...the layout will stay the same header lang ako ilis-ilisa...feel nako ang mgapa holiday spirit because I lack it..hehehe

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

sarapsi naman nyan mommy! i feel hungry now.

 gmirage December 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Pareho tayo fave kasi ni hubby...sarap talaga silog!

Anonymous December 4, 2008 at 4:37 AM  

Tocilog is the best!

Anonymous December 4, 2008 at 5:22 AM  

I'll definitely "habhab" away if this is served to me - yum!

Thanks for coming over my kitchen too.

Anonymous December 4, 2008 at 6:23 AM  

Bacon would be wonderful (except its bawal, grrr...)

Aba'y habhaban talaga ang labanan kung ganyang kasasarap ang handa, lol!

Jescel December 4, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

i love tocilog... but bacon is good too... thanks for dropping by my blog.

Anonymous December 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

It's almost 5 a.m. This post made me hungry because I haven't had breakfast yet. :) I love sunny side up eggs with fried rice too.

Oggi December 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Pork or chicken tocilog, yummy for breakfast or lunch or dinner!:)

Aisha December 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Pagkaon na sab! Mokaon na jud ko pamahaw, gigutom nako! LOL

Zeee December 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

hahahaha mao...dinner nako na the other night :)

Anonymous December 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Wonderful photos, nakakagutom naman talaga!

Zeee December 8, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

thanks! :)

MommaWannabe December 10, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Wow this is making me really hungry - Ooopsss just ate actully.

I love Silogs!