How do you eat your Peanut Butter?

Monday, May 12, 2008

Good morning blogosphere!
It's still raining of our corner of the globe but I have been up and awake since 5 AM! With that early and surprising feat, my hubby and I actually ate breakfast together. It was not just a few bites and he was out the door, but a real sit-down breakfast! We had bacon, hotdogs, and pork tapa (dried pork) with rice, of course. Plus we added a little bonus to our meal (yes, it's a bonus because we don't usually have it), Peanut Butter Toast!
What is so special with peanut butter toast, you ask? Well, because I don't like peanut butter on my bread and I refuse to eat bread with peanut butter, I made up a new way to prepare mine - toast the bread and the butter together! Now, it becomes good enough to eat. Yum-o! It's not a big discovery but I know some people don't eat peanut butter because it's so thick and creamy on their bread but toasting it with the bread makes it more palatable. I think it eliminates the gooey-ness of the peanut butter.
If you guys want your peanut butter to be gooey and icky (hey, it's your preference!), then this one isn't for you. But for the heck of it, I'm going to tell you how to make it.

Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Ingredients:
  • slice of bread (your preference)
  • jar of peanut butter (your preference)
  • butter knife
  • toaster

Directions:
  1. Spread the peanut butter over the sliced bread. You can even make it fully loaded with peanut butter.
  2. Place sliced bread with peanut butter on toaster.
  3. Set the timer to 2 minutes (or however you want your bread to be toasted; I put it between 2 and 3).
  4. Wait impatiently.
  5. Eat to your heart's content
  6. Enjoy!
Makes 1-2 pieces of Peanut Butter Toast


1 deranged screams:

Lucky Girl May 13, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

I haven't tried that method yet, but I love to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, spread a bit of butter on the outside of the bread, then cook it in a skillet like a grilled cheese sandwich. Heaven!