What's in your Booklist?

Friday, May 30, 2008

I am currently beside myself in downloading E-books for reading. However, I still cannot restrain myself from buying old school paperbacks! It's really different reading from your lappy or personal computer and reading in your own nook and cranny curled up with a new book. So even with the advent of newer technologies, I still stick to the real thing! Of course I have E-books lined up and I enjoyed reading some of them but it is just not the same!
My favorite E-book format is the .lit format which opens in the Microsoft Reader program. I don't play it, by the way, because the robotic voice drives me nuts! Not to mention the atrocious pronunciation of some words!
I'm already straying from the topic at hand (the blabbermouth)! Unfortunately, I am not buying new books this time. I know I cannot bring my whole library and ship it back to the US so it's staying right here. Good thing I have E-books. Ah! I'm straying again! Anyway, I am revisiting the world of wizardry and magic that J.K. Rowling created. I am currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I know, I know, more tears for Dumbledore's death! I am enjoying this book again and I must say I am also looking forward to the movie. However, I still believe that the first two Harry Potter films were the best adaptations to date. Oh, that doesn't mean to say that I love the movies more the the books. Nope. Books are so much better than on-screen adaptations. Well, it is for me, as I can lose myself in my own imaginings and let my imagination run away with me.



Like this article? Add me

0 deranged screams: