Learnings: Squeezing the Last Bit of Creativity from My Brain

Monday, June 16, 2008

My posts of late are rapidly becoming paid ops. Nothing seems to be coming out of my brain right now and my brain seems to be drying up.

I used to write a lot back in high school. My favorite "school doodle" (for lack of a better term) in between and during classes was composing poems just to take out the boredom from the daily lessons. Precisely what I was thinking back then is beyond me but my poetry seemed to sound like they were full of angst, despair, love and heartbreak all rolled into a series of poems. Of course, no one was privy to my compositions. I wasn't even hooked into the internet back then and reading and writing were one of my top priorities.
Now, why have I stopped writing? I still dig deep into myself to find out why I have stopped but to no avail. It just seems that my "talent" has practically dried up! Isn't it a wonder that my articles are practically senseless and full of paid ops? This probably is due to the fact that I can't squeeze out new ideas from my noggin.

Considering that creative writing has been a passion of mine, I am quite saddened by this thought. I have recently read quite a number of blogs that have exceptional content and I am now striving hard to at least revert to an acceptable tone and content of creative writing. A friend once told me that "content is king" and I absolutely believe her. She also pointed out that blogging just for the sake of blogging and not making money should be my utmost priority. A few days ago, I was already starting to follow her advice. But typical me, I have gone astray from my goal.

I am now hoping that I can squeeze out and produce acceptable, if not exceptional writings starting this week. I am going to write at least 5 unpaid articles to try and improve my writings and increase my readership.

Do you think I can make it? I sure hope so!



Like this article? Add me

2 deranged screams:

faeryrowan June 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Yes, you can! Cheering you all the way. =)

Zeee June 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

thanks a lot sis! :)

and thanks for updating my blog link, too :D