Learnings: Paid Posts VS Non-Paid Posts

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I am thinking about doing a blog make-over...again. I know it's pretty crazy since I just revamped this blog but I had a pretty insightful IM conversation with my friend Lurchie. She did wake me up in my reverie and jarred me into thinking about the future of my blog and my blogs PR. I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this aspect of blogging so I was pretty much in the dark before.
However, after Lurchie stated the facts to me, I am now planning on revamping this site. She pointed out that content is king when it comes to blogging especially if you want to earn money. This could probably be why this blog hasn't been approved by SocialSpark since I seem to have an increasing number of paid posts and a decreasing number of real posts.
I know making extra money is extremely important but this mustn't overpower my love for blogging.
She also pointed out that Google's PR system would upgrade in August (was it?) and that they do decrease your PR ratings if you do have an awful lot of paid posts. Whew! At least there is still time to revamp this site and make it less a paid blog than it already is. Even though I have barely started my paid posts, it is still evident that a few of my current posts these days are paid so I need to rectify that.
So as of today, I am going to be less paidey and more bloggy.

So guys, what are your thoughts on this?



Like this article? Add me

0 deranged screams: