Memes: Weekly Question #7

Monday, July 7, 2008

I love doing this Weekly Questions meme. They are so insightful that I stop and think before I start writing my entry. Sometimes, I start writing after a good night's rest if I can squeeze in some. It seems that I can't sleep well these days. Check out Miss Julie's blog for more info.

If we set aside an extra hour each day to do what we would rather do and not what we should be doing, what would you choose to do?

Since moving away from my hometown, I have been having problems sleeping. Sure, I could just blame it on jet lag but it's almost been a month since I landed and I can't blame it on jet lag, can I?

A lot of people say that 24 hours is too short to spend on one day; a few would beg to differ. For some, 24 hours would seem to drag on forever. Usually, this happens when you are in a state of depression or even fear. Most of us seem to think that we have less time on our hands as our world keeps on speeding up; leaving us at its wake. I believe it's because most of us love to do a lot of things that we know we can't fit into our day. We must always bear in mind that 6-8 hours of the 24 must be allotted to sleep. However, most of us sleep less and less these days.

I've read quite a few answers to this weekly questions and most of them tend to want their "me" time, I was thinking about something different. Leaving my hubby behind was one of the hardest things that I could do. Sure, our technology still keeps us closer (IM, webcam, landline, mobile), but it's still different as being with him in person. I know there is always a purpose for everything and a window is always open, but it still doesn't keep me from currently wishing for the impossible. Because of time differences, we can't chat at much as we would want to. An hour a day with both of us being in the same time zone would really be lovely.



Like this article? Add me

5 deranged screams:

PINAY MOMMY July 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

got you tagged dearie: http://www.pinaymommyonline.com/2008/07/magic-lamp-of-luck.html...hope you can play. muah!!


Pinay Mommy Online
Blessings and Beyond
Mommy Earns Money Online

Anonymous July 9, 2008 at 1:45 AM  

Ezrah you asked: If we set aside an extra hour each day to do what we would rather do and not what we should be doing, what would you choose to do?

Me answers: I guess it would be SLEEP! I sleep about 3 to 4 hours a day and yet I find there's so much left to do. LOL! Perhaps on equal strength, I would love to spend more quality time with my grown up children whom I miss dearly since they have moved to the City some 300 kms away.

Good Article!

Zeee July 9, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

oh that's nice...u must miss them a lot with them all grown up and moved... :)

thanks for dropping by...

Anonymous July 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

Aw, that is sweet of you to want to spend that extra hour :) I am sure you really miss your husband. At least, we have this modern technology to help through the distance. Unlike before where one needs to wait for weeks before the snail mail arrives :D

Have a great week, Zriz, my apologies for not commenting ASAP, had problems with connection, my posts were timestamped that is why I have new posts after this.

Till next week :)

Zeee July 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

thanks Miss Julie... I was wondering why you didn't comment. hehehe well thanks for dropping by! :)

yeah I miss him...so much...