Tags: All About Shoes

Saturday, August 9, 2008

They said diamonds are a woman's best friend but I beg to differ! Diamonds are freaking expensive and, in as much as we would want to wear them, we cannot bathe in them or bask in their brilliant glow.

We all know that our infamous, albeit notorious?, first lady was fond of shoes. In fact, fond is an understatement! She was known (perhaps, still is) as the woman who had a lot of shoes; more than 2,000 pairs, so they said. In fact, I even heard her name being mentioned in one of Style TV's shows about shoes.

Incidentally, The History Channel also had a show about the history of shoes yesterday and I was amazed. Just imagine how Nike became one of the biggest shoe companies in the world when Phil Knight and his coach Bill Bowerman started selling Japanese made shoes out of Knight's car in January 1962. In the show, they said that Knight and Bowerman where inspired by rubber, pressed in-between a waffle maker to make the soles of the shoes. This feat heralded the use of rubber as soles for their shoe line Nike.
Because shoes where sometimes used to sneak up on a person, they were later known as sneakers. In London, sneakers are called trainers.
Why am I jabbering about shoes? Well, Mitch tagged me with the All About Shoes tag and I couldn't resist adding my bit of knowledge about the shoes.

I have shoe size 7, however they range from 61/2 - 71/2 depending on the brand and/or style. Sometimes, I can get away with borrowing my mom's footwear but end up hurting my feet because her shoe size is half a size smaller than mine. Unfortunately, I don't condone to frequent footwear sharing because we have different pressure points in our feet, which makes the soles of said footwear to follow the contour of the wearer; this makes me feel weird when I wear their footwear. Since I don't have sisters, I cannot answer that part of the tag! LOL

My recent acquisitions are a Nike Air Max Light (photo above) size 9 for my hubby and a Naturalizer Runaway (photo right) size 61/2 for moi. Both were on sale, so what the heck, I splurged (okay, my mom did, so what's the difference?)!

How many pairs do you have? I've got about...I lost count! LOL Hey, a girl can have more than two!

{Start Copy}

What’s your shoe size? Are your feet the same size as your mom’s feet? How about your sister’s feet? Can you borrow shoes from each other?

Post a picture of your latest shoe buy. Tag the number of women of your shoe size, i.e. size 5 = tag 5 friends. Don’t forget to drop a line in this blog when you’re done.

Jenny and Belle | SAHMdom and Beyond | The Journey Continues… | Mommy Talks… | When Mom Speaks | Walk on Red | Mommy Talks… | Random Thoughts | My Precious Niche | My Life is Peachy | Me and Mine | Joys in Life | When Silence Speaks | Deranged Insanity |


{End Copy}

I'm passing the shoe (forgive my pun) to Zheon, Lurchie, Kat, Maiylah, Elvz, and Jade. I want to know your take on this and it would be interesting to know your shoe sizes!

Like this article? Add me

8 deranged screams:

Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

Sis. Ill bookmark this meme.. daming pending meme eh...


Anyway, thanks sa comment mo on my post regarding Ocean Park. Manila Ocean Park is nicer than other Asia's Oceanarium. Mas maganda sa Hongkong.. Hong Kong pa lang kasi napupuntahan ko.

Also, makakarating sa cuz ko yung compliement mo.. Thanks

Zeee August 9, 2008 at 1:49 AM  

Hahahaha same here sis! I haven't even done the others yet! :)

Kat August 9, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

I can count the exact pairs I have. I'm not really that into shoes, hehe. Did the meme though, so you'll read more about it there :D

Zeee August 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

thanks Kat! I'll visit your blog na! hehehe :)

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

thanks for the tag, sis! hehe ... konti lang shoes ko. parang ang sarap tuloy bumili ng bagong shoes! ;)

will do the tag once i get to have more chance to go online, sis, ha... medyo not feeling too well these days.

take care! :)

Zeee August 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

hope you feel better sis! :) and cge lang if you don't have a lot of shoes...I had fun doing this tag! hehehe :)

Elvz August 11, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

hi there zriz! thanks for this tag, have pending tags too, try to post it asap :)

take care always!

Mommy Elvz

Mighty in Spirit

Anonymous August 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

sis, here's mine

http://www.irisaeirincollections.com/2008/08/all-about-shoes.html

Aeirin's Collections
Biz-N-Honey
Design By Pieces
Pinoy Online Community