La.Pi.S: Baon/ To Go

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I didn't bring lunch or snacks with me to school when I was in grade school. I guess it's because I grew up without a mother and my father didn't want to be bothered with anything as trivial as preparing food for his only child.

Sad memories aside, I haven't had a packed lunch since I was working back in 2005. In Dumaguete, my school was just a few minutes away, blame it on the fact that Dumaguete is a small city, I just went home at noon to have lunch. Plus, with the myriad of restaurants, fast foods and carinderia's dotting the city, no one really wants to bring their own lunch.

During my once-a-week review, I bring lunch with me. This time, I packed Beef Steak with Onions (yum!) and Brown Rice. Most people don't like the taste of brown rice and prefer white rice but I love brown rice.








Like this article? Add me

13 deranged screams:

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 4:44 AM  

wow bistek :) zarap nyan :) lalo na yung onions zuper zarap :)

here's MINE

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM  

Ooooh Wow. I miss bistek! But I prefer it with white rice. Paano luto mo sa brown rice sis? I tried it pero para kasing walang lasa kahit ano gawin ko eh...

Anywaym I have something for you in my blog,drop by when you can;)
http://www.mommawannabe.com/2008/09/my-first-blog-awards.html

 gmirage September 9, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

I love brown rice too! I seldom get the chance to eat that, sa province din, but I like the smell and the fact that its healthier! And I love beefsteak with lots o' onions! Enjoy your bento!

Zeee September 9, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

@Jay: Hahahaha sarap ito! :) I love onions din... :) I always have them my steak :) Salamat sa pagdalaw... seen your JBee to go! :)

@Jade: Hehehe luto ng nanay ko yan Mami Jade! shhhhh :) Ay yung brown rice talaga walang lasa pero we fry it and add garlic salt para mas masarap :) I'll ask my mom muna how to make it and I'll share it with you :)

@mirage: Yup! I'm turning over a new leaf, so to speak, no white rice for me! :) The onions are key..sarap talaga pag me onions! :)

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

mmm...yummy! Sarap naman...I felt hungry tuloy...hehehe

By the way, I'd like to share with you an "I Heart Your Blog" Award. Check it at http://www.praningshoutout.com/2008/09/my-first-ever-blog-award.html

Hope you like it!

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

brown rice is good for the health. so you are actually eating right.

Zeee September 9, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

@Praning: Oo yummy ito :) Ay I already got that award before :)

@evi: yeah it is good for the health. But coupled with the beef? naaahhh that is unhealthy! :) I had green salad to go with it though but it's just not in the photo :)

Anonymous September 10, 2008 at 5:12 AM  

it looks good! something to look forward to...i remember i started eating brown rice when i was pregnant with S and it's ok with me, not that I'd prefer it though over white rice:)

Zeee September 10, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Oh white rice is yummy but it's kinda unhealthy and I want to lose weight so another thing that I should avoid is carbs!! hehehehe :)

Anonymous September 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

wow sis ang yummy naman nyan, nagutom tuloy ako..

Ano lasa ng brown rice? I want to try it din kasi..
Aeirin's Collections
Biz-N-Honey
Design By Pieces
Iris likes...
Pinay ads
Pinoy Online Community

Zeee September 10, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Ay sis! Walang lasa ang brown rice at all that's why sabi nila it's not delish... pero if you add flavor to it... garlic salt ang inilagay namin, it's yummy... but nice talaga if ang food mo me sarsa..to add more flavor sa rice! hehehe :)

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

yummy! I had bistek for lunch last week :) a few days after my arroz caldo baon.

Zeee September 17, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

thanks! :) Sarap naman ng Bistek! And I miss Arroz caldo! :)