Weekly Questions: Tears

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What makes me cry?

Many people view crying as a sign of weakness. In men, they view it as unmanly when in fact, it's not.

I believe crying doesn't necessarily make you weak at all. I have had my crying moments where I cry silent tears of pain and happiness or a bawl my eyes out in pain and anger. But whatever my reasons are, I am not afraid to cry and admit that I cry.

  1. I cry when I read. I feel so touched by the protagonists story that they almost always bring me to tears.
  2. I cry when I watch a movie. Movies that touch my heart really make me cry. A few movies that both hubby and I cried to where I am Sam and Radio.
  3. I cry when I get hurt. This is a normal response to humans and I am not ashamed to admit it. My hubby and I both had our moments. When we fought, when we talked, both of us are moved to tears (I hope he doesn't kill me when he reads this entry!).
  4. I cry when I'm happy. It's simple. When a memory touches my heart, when an act makes me happy, I shed a tear or two.









Like this article? Add me

9 deranged screams:

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

Naku, we are the same, I have a well of tears underneath my tear ducts :D Ayaw ko nga ng MMK eh, hehe...

Thanks for answering the WQ! Have a great week!

Zeee September 9, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

Hahaha I did watch MMK before.. naku! Iyakan too the max (pero select MMK stories lang).. I enjoyed this weeks question Miss J :)

faeryrowan September 9, 2008 at 2:57 AM  

Oo nga pala, I forgot to include crying when reading touching books. I've cried once or twice or three times while reading the last Harry Potter books. Hehehe!

We really really have shallow tears. I guess women are just emotional like that. And I agree, crying in men is not a sign of weakness. It's even an expression of strength. Real men are not ashamed to cry. ;)

Zeee September 9, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Yeah ang babaw... :) I didn't cry sa Harry Potter though pero I've been known to cry at other books hehehe. Hubby just humors me when he sees me. Before he used to ask why but now, he's used to it na :) He doesn't even comment about it anymore! :)

Yan photo ni hubby na nag cry perp drama lang yan for the photo hehehehe. He has cried in front of me na and sa wedding namin, caught in the act sya, they saw him cry plus there's a photot to prove it! :)

jHeLea September 10, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

i agree with you sis crying doesn't make us weak....we cry because we're hurt not because we're weak

Zeee September 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

@jhelea: I know. We do cry because we just want to get that out of our system; a coping mechanism, if you will. :)

pyer September 10, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

hey! that's me crying!!! hmmmmm where'd you get that pic gurl!!! napuwing cguro... crocodile tears heheheeh i'm not ashamed to admit that's me.. i'm an emotional junkie.. you should watch "radio"(cuba gooding, i think) and other nice touching stories... tears clean up your eyes... there are some advantages of crying.. excuses? heehehe nope! i think you'd sweat less if you cry more.. so cry more.. you'd smell bad less heheehehehe miss you boss.....

Zeee September 10, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Napuling gud! Nyahahaha I might have made you cry... :) I miss you boss...

pyer September 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

yup.. i think i did cry at our wedding? crying i won't be single anymore? heheeheheh well it was one of the happiest moments in my life.. i do cry alot.. before i go to sleep, realizing how alone i am.. i do cry.. and when i pray at night, i do cry.. no one else see's it but i guess there's no harm of you knowing it.. you can call me gay for crying but i have proven otherwise.. and others can attest to that hehehehe