La.Pi.S: Rice

Tuesday, September 30, 2008


Almost every Asian who is worth their salt has rice every meal. Yes, it's full of carbs but a lot of us Asians don't consider it a full meal unless we have rice!

Unfortunately, rice has its drawbacks. It is not healthy at all! Well, white rice, that is. And what's more, most of us still cannot comprehend that something as ordinary as white rice is unhealthy when eaten in large amounts.

I am trying to break free from my white rice habit. I seem to accomplish this one but I am not as dedicated with this as I would have liked.

This was my breakfast last Sunday. Unfortunately, it's fried rice with all the trimmings and honey cured bacon! Put on the pounds, people! I know I should try to eat something healthier next time.

I didn't have lunch this time because I had already indulged in my fair share of rice but after our visit to the Lake Shrine in Pacific Palisades, California [post and photos later], we decided to head to Hop Li a Chinese Restaurant.

Lucky for us it wasn't packed so we chose a spot by the window so that I can get enough light to take photos! We had Crispy Fried Noodles, Mongolian Beef, and Honey Walnut Shrimp [my favorite]. Mmmm mmmm [read YUMMY!]. We also had white rice but to my credit, I passed on the soda and had tea instead! Yay me!







Location:
Hop Li Seafood Restaurant
10974 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 441-3708


Like this article? Add me

18 deranged screams:

agent112778 September 30, 2008 at 2:16 AM  

ay grabe zuper zarap naman nyan 'te

lalo na yung fried rice & bacons, i love this bfast kaso di nako pwede eh, takot na ako :( kaya i really miss this dish.

as for the 2nd pix, parang bitin sa kanin 'te, order pa tayo ng 2 pa :)

salamat sa pag bisita saken site :)

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

that got me drooling, and really cholesterollific. hehehe! but sometimes, i just don't care :)

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

dang. yummy. i try to moderate my rice when we have 'em too. maybe 1 cup or 1 cup and a half..hehe.

Zeee September 30, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

@agent: hehhe yung rice na yan para lang sa picturan... of course binigay nila sa amin isang bucket of rice! bwahahahaha :)

@marites: i wonder why WE love rice! :)

@dexie: hahahahaha i wish I can DO that!

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

oh wow! everything looks really good! it's really hard to stay away from rice. hee hee.

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

when these are the ulam, you just can't resist rice...haaay!yumm-oh!

Mariz September 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

yum...yum...gutom na akush! i don't think i'll ever survive not having to eat rice at least once a day!

sorry, i've been so busy with work lately, haven't a lot of time to blogwalk, it's a holiday here today so I made sure I get to visit my online friends again..nice to be back here...warm regards!

 gmirage September 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

A meal ain't a meal without rice, whichever part of the world, we asians will still look for rice! Sarap with bacon pero un nga hinay hinay lang! Have a happy meal with your rice!!! ;-)

http://kitchenmaus.blogspot.com/

The Sweet Life September 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

wow yummy! kaya nga ang hirap mag-diet e ... i have to control my eating (w/c btw I really can't ... hehehe ) ... droppin by po ...

Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

i just can't say no to rice...
- tirador ng kaning lamig :-)

Aisha October 1, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Hi Zriz, Kalami ani uy! Gusto ka magexchange ta link sa akong http://www.imincultureshock.com na blog? Iadd tika karon.

Zeee October 1, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Hi! Lami gyud...expert ko basta pagkaon gani! bwahahahaha :)

Anonymous October 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

lami gyud! seconds, please. ;P

Zeee October 2, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

thanks for dropping by Mai! :)

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

I must agree with everyone, that the spread of chinese food looks really delicious... the honey walnut shrimp sounds so tempting. The rice, of course, whether healthy or not, should go with the package... hehehe!

Zeee October 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

the shrimps are yummy! :) hehehe and the rice always go with the meal!

thanks for dropping by! :)

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

That honey walnut shrimp photo is droolicious!

Good luck on the cutting back on rise. I couldn't do it :( I love rice too much.

Zeee October 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

I have cut down a little...but to no avail... hehehehe rice can't be eliminated from the pinoy diet :)