Camera-Critters: Butterfly Effect

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Camera Critters

I am quite a sucker when it comes to butterflies. What with their peaceful beauty as they float from flower to flower and the importance they weave in our myths and stories.

I love taking photos of butterflies because I find them a challenge to shoot. I guess it's because you can't see butterflies every day especially when you're living in a highly urbanized city. However, I see quite a few butterflies that brave the pollution and grace us with their presence as they flit from flower to flower for nectar.

Butterfly

I took this photo one Sunday morning at Point Fermin Park for the Festival of Philippine Arts last September. Near the back of the park was the Point Fermin lighthouse and I went ahead and explored the area. Much to my delight, I caught a slew of photographs of this butterfly grabbing a snack. Hope you enjoy this photo!










Like this article? Add me

12 deranged screams:

Tootie October 11, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Very pretty butterfly!

Anonymous October 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Simply GORGEOUS!~ Mine is posted HERE. hope you can drop by! Happy CC!~

Müge Tekil October 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Oh I know very well how difficult it is to photograph the butterflies! Your photo is perfect! Have a very nice Sunday! :-)

AppleDebbie October 11, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Gorgeous shot! The colors of the butterfly and the flowers look so pretty together. Wonderful capture!

i beati October 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

right out of a nature book- divine sandy

ratmammy October 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

very pretty photo!

Christy October 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Very beautiful butterfly.

Unknown October 12, 2008 at 4:11 AM  

Nice capture.Beautiful colors.

Aisha October 12, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Chadaha ani uy! Grabe! Ikaw diay napili sa Scenic Sunday.

marLou October 12, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Really nice shot. There is a sense of serenity when I look at this pic. Great job!

Misty DawnS October 12, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

This photo is really, really beautiful! You really should print and frame this one and hang it for everyone to see - it's fantastic!

I'm crazy about butterflies too!

Gretchen October 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM  

Really pretty!