Pumped Up for Halloween!

Monday, October 27, 2008

For the past two weeks I have been all a dither about Halloween. As much as I’d like to remain cool, calm, and collected; I can’t seem to bottle up my excitement. I know it sounds silly but this Halloween would be my first time to go Trick or Treating in a costume! Back in the Philippines, there has been no opportunity for me to dress up.

Oh there had been times where we planned to have a Halloween party but the plan never took flight. As much as we wanted it to, people seemed to be really busy at that time of the year. I guess, that could be because we Filipinos celebrate All Saints Day instead of All Hallows Eve.

Considering that this is my first, and I hope that it won’t be the last, time that I will wear a costume; I bought one! I had to do my research on where to get Holiday Costumes beforehand and started to think about what I would go as. Oh, I won’t be telling you what I actually bought but suffice is to say that I didn’t get something scary! I know the “non-scary” costumes are quite in these days.

Of the different Halloween Costume Stores that I Googled online, we found one store that sells costumes 365 days a year! I was in sixes and sevens when I saw the aisles of Halloween Costumes, which seemed to go on endlessly. Naturally, finding the right costume for me took quite sometime and I finally settled for something nontraditional.

So, what are you planning to be this Halloween?

3 deranged screams:

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

We've been having our very own Halloween Party for my nieces and nephews for a few years - this will be the 5th year if I'm counting right :)

I don't dress up for it though, but I am master of ceremonies! Haha :)

Zeee October 29, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

That's great Vera! I really love Halloween Parties even though I haven't been to one yet! Hahahaha :)

Oh but even the master of ceremonies should be in costume!

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

hi sis, ur theme is veryhalloween. :)

thanks for dropping by!

take care always. ok?