Camera Critters: Bees

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Camera Critters

I've always been fascinated with bees and another insects and taking photos of them has been bumped to the top of my list of things to photograph. I love how these seemingly tiny creatures help our planet in their own little way.

I know it's pretty hard to capture them as they buzz from one flower to another and I swear I've tried so hard to be stealthy while I snap a photo and I usually manage to get away with really amazing shots (if I say so myself).

Bee


Bee

12 deranged screams:

Lara November 1, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

the photos are great! what vibrant colours!

??? November 2, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

Now I miss the summer...

judi/Gmj November 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

you did great! If there wasn't such a furror of bees, I swear next summer I would put glue on flowers so they would not fly off before I get my camera set! :)

Gretchen November 2, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

I like to photograph them, too. I'll sit on the ground on our local hiking trail and just wait for the bees to show up. People think I'm strange, but who wants to be completely normal?

dot November 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

Very nice shots!!

Jane Hards Photography November 2, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Lovey series of images.

i beati November 3, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

so professional Sandy

Misty DawnS November 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Fantastic photos! Great work!

Indrani November 5, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Bees are of great help to nature, off late their survival is threatened due to various reasons. You have nice shots. :)

Zeee November 5, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Thanks... and yeah a lot of these little critters are becoming extinct... :(

ratmammy November 5, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

very nice close ups! thanks for visiting us!

Zeee November 5, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

sure! no problem! :D