The 350th Post

Friday, November 14, 2008

Television has opened a new world for me. In as much as I would love to blog and take pictures, read and even scrap, I always find time to stay glued to the boob tube. Because I am a couch potato, I have learned a lot of really interesting information. Like, did you know that electric current came about during the "Current Wars" between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla? Betcha you didn't know that Nikola Telsa invented AC (alternate current) which angered Thomas Edison who had invented DC (direct current). Tesla is one who is not really known to most people. Of course if you played the game Command & Conquer, you would recognize the Tesla Coil named after Nikola Tesla, the inventor.

How about knowing the beginnings of the vampire? We all know that Bram Stoker wrote the novel Dracula in 1897 which started the modern day vampire. However, there IS a person who inspired this novel and they called him Vlad the Impaler. Records show that he impaled his enemies and victims (women and children) when he defeated them and it is from this person that the Dracula was born.

I guess this proves that I do love watching The History Channel. I could just go on for days and days. They do feature a variety of subjects that really interest me like The Universe, Modern Marvels, Tech and others. My favorite however, has got to be Cities of the Underworld with Don Wildman where he explores the worlds greatest cities underground. Pretty interesting, huh? Well, I thought so.

Yes, I'm blabbing. It's just that this entry marks my 350th (yes!) post and I thought I would write about random things that are on my mind right now.

I know this sounds so weird but I do love obscure information that everyone thinks is useless. I'm not that good when it comes to trivia, though. But I'd like to think that I can converse with different people about a wide variety of topics. So, what is your favorite show? Share them here!

11 deranged screams:

pyer November 14, 2008 at 5:22 AM  

->Yes, I'm blabbing. It's just that this entry marks my 350th (yes!) post and I thought I would write about random things that are on my mind right now.

--and I thought I would be the random thought :(

Zeee November 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

It's because you're not random boss....and you are always on my mind and heart...I love you...mwaaaah*

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

nakalantaw pd ko og feature about vlad the impaler... mao ba na xa magfeast sa iya table drinking blood of his captives? unya sa atubangan sa iya banquet gipang tuhog ang mga biktima niya? mao ba zr? pero speculations raman daw na vampire hehehe... basta mga abat2x lagi... interesado kaayoko wihihihi!!!

Zeee November 14, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Yes he's the guy dhe...feasting while his victimes are implaed in front of him, alive pa gyud! pero this was where Bram Stoker got the idea of "vampires" so mao na sya...dili man gyud proven nga naa'y vampire oi...hehehehe

Purpled Sky November 15, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

wow, congrats! i've a long way to 350th, and these are very interesting tidbits you posted here. if i were facing the tube, i'd be in lifestyle the whole time. gosh i'm so domesticated!

Anonymous November 15, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

vlad the impaler was a hero at their place. bram stoker made a good job in making good horror stories from vlad's history. anyway, i like vampire movies. ^_^

i am also uber domesticated but i watch dvd movies more than watching shows on TV or CABLE. except if their is a boxing match. hehehe

Zeee November 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

@Purpled Sky: Thanks! I do have times where I watch fashion, home and garden shows, the food network, travel channel, and even detective shows...I love to watch a variety of shows though.

@Mommy R: Oh he was a prince and could have been considered an evil "hero" but the fact of the matter is that he was so fearsome.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

hello mommy z, here is something for you. hope you can grab and post this too: http://www.micahdavid.com/2008/11/blogger-buddy-award.html


thanks!!

Sei November 21, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

How I wish naay History Channel ang among cable network diri. :(

Zeee November 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Ay sayang Sei...hmmmm naa man sa amo cable sa Dumaguete...if not History pwede ka Discovery...nice pud ilang mga shows... :)

Sei November 24, 2008 at 11:43 PM  

Correct. Discovery and sa NatGeo na lang.:)