Recipes: Chocolate Chip Muffins

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I love baking although I have stopped doing it for about three years. Oh, it wasn't because I was on a diet; I constantly am, but it was because I just hated doing aftercare. You see, I am messy when I bake and tended to bring out all the baking equipment and spread them on the dinner table.
Chocolate Chip Muffins

So much for that introduction. Anyway, my mom decided to make Raspberry Muffins from the raspberries from our trip to Riley's Farm last Saturday. Because I didn't enjoy the fruit that much, I decided to make my own snack, Chocolate Chip Muffins. They turned out really great! In fact, I'm eating one right now. Yummy!
Chocolate Chip & Raspberry Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Optional: Frosting

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottom a muffin pan or line pan with paper cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well.
  3. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well.
  4. Add dry ingredients all at once;stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
  5. Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  7. Cool. *Optional: You can top of muffin with a frosting of your choice. (I used Whipped Vanilla Frosting for this Muffin).
  8. Serve warm.
  9. Enjoy!
I really loved how the muffin is not too sweet. The chocolate chips in the muffin is already sweet enough for me. Oh, and I added the vanilla frosting to it so I'm good!
Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hope you'll like this recipe!

More Muffin photos HERE.

5 deranged screams:

Aisha November 12, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

Looks really yummy! I'd like to try making it someday.

Zeee November 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

try nya aish nya tell me if ganahan ba ka...hehehehe :D

Anonymous November 13, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

i envy you, you can bake. ako indi. kain lang alam ko. bt i can cook though. :)

sis, tagged u here:
http://www.midlifedancing.com/2008/11/female-survey.html

take your time. :)

miss ya. :)

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Copied your recipe. Want to bake some, too. Thanks for sharing it and a thumb up for the nice shot of the muffins.

Zeee November 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

@watashi: Thanks! Glad I could help!