In the Twilight Zone

Friday, November 28, 2008

I still can't get my head out of the Twilight zone and it's not even a really good movie (as stated in my review). I guess it all boils down to reading Midnight Sun first and filling in Edward's thoughts all throughout the movie (swoon). It's not even the actors that did the trick and I mean it!

I just keep picturing myself as Bella (minus the straight hair and FYI I used to have curly hair) and P as Edward! Yeah, I'm just weird this way which is why I love reading books better. I am more for imagination and sometimes usually most of the time I always go of into lala land and think of myself as the heroine of every book that I read. In the case of Harry Potter, I imagine myself as Hermione. I mean, I'm not THAT mental and imagine myself as the boy who lived!

So anyway, back to Twilight, I still can't shake my obsession of this golden eyed vampire and his romance with a human. I kind of thought about it as my TRUE story though. Minus the vampire part, I mean. I could simply place all the obstacles that where in P and my way when instead of vampire and there you have it: drama, drama, drama. I can't shake the parallelism with him being older and me being younger (hekhekhek) with an us against the world phase. Hmmmmm....

Well, so much for that. What I'm saying is that reading does play a part of who I am and what I have become. It saddens me to think that only a few kids these days love to read. I used to remember how much I loved Library Day when I was in grade school; I used to look forward to it every week with book for borrowing in tow. I used to gravitate toward Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, that sort of thing but I somehow outgrew them (not that they aren't good) and have started to explore a lot of different genres. From sci-fi to romance to young adults and even fairy tales, you name it, I have probably tried reading them.

In as much as I would have loved to read every book on sight, I do have my preferences. Unfortunately, and many of you would disagree with me, I don't enjoy spy, espionage, and the like. I know the books are better but I think I'll stick with the movie versions and skip the technical stuff...hehehehe.

I did my time in sci-fi reading Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Sphere, The Andromeda Strain, and Timeline. I enjoyed them inspite of the "technical" stuff (and the books where better than the movie).

Ahhh.....books...don't you just love the smell of the really old "yellowed" ones? I know I do! hahahaha Keep on reading, people!

2 deranged screams:

Anonymous December 1, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

I didn't like the movie too, we all watched, hubby, the three kids and I last Thursday (my post about this in my url).

My 13yo daughter and her classmates have read the book too :)

About reading, I am glad my children loves to read books, we have tons of books at home and they don't have those gaming gadgets so no choice sila but to read when I tell them pc time is up, hehehe...

Zeee December 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

That's wonderful Miss Julie! Grabe mga kids ngayon puro nalang computer or games or TV...tsk tsk tsk...

Sa schools nga napansin ko na hindi na gaano ka engaged ang mga kids sa books...and usually ang library namin puro educational books ang available kaya most don't read at all...