Thanks Living

Thursday, November 27, 2008

We always associate Thanksgiving with food. I mean, how could we not when it started as a way to give thanks for the bountiful harvest, with the first thanksgiving celebration happening in the early 1600s. Historically the American Thanksgiving holiday is related to the deliverance of the English settlers by Native Americans after the brutal winter at Plymouth, Massachusetts.

I saw A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on TV last Tuesday while I was waiting for the Dancing with the Stars Finale and I was charmed by the way they showed the roots of thanksgiving. A bit childish, I know but it works.

I kind of like the way Thanksgiving falls in about the same week as our Dumaguete Fiesta is celebrated. Now that I am here, I do not long for the Fiesta staples as much as I do...okay, okay...I long for the fatty humba, though but I am not a lechon eater. As much as P kept on "making my mouth water" by mentioning all the food they served at the Fiesta, I was comforted by the fact that we would be cooking food for our Thanksgiving/Fiesta celebration. Aw, we're not having a lot of people over but it does seem like a good excuse to eat, yes?

I'm leaving you with Happyslip's Thanksgiving video TANKS and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember, you don't need to be an American to give thanks!



Note: Food photos will be posted on Friday.

Image: Google Images

2 deranged screams:

Anonymous November 30, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

ooh we watched that charlie brown episode too! and now the kids are watching another episode as i type! hehe

Zeee November 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

uhmmm I'm not really a fan of Peanuts but I do watch it sometimes...hehehehe :)