When it Rains

Tuesday, November 25, 2008


It was just a few minutes ago that I heard the pitter patter of the raindrops on the roof. It is actually raining! Perhaps the first rain that has ever fallen California skies since I first set foot here in June.

Well, I'm not like the mogwai (read Gremlins) who multiplies when wet or the WWW (read Wicked Witch of the West) who melts but I used to loathe the rain. Back in the Philippines, tropical storms are as common as a...well, a common rat! I hated the rain! I mean, it's not like I spend a lot of time outdoors but I just hate getting around the city in the rain. With the gadawful pedicab drivers, I had no other recourse but to hate the rain.

Seriously though, I did my stint and sang in the rain (as if I could carry a tune); but that was years ago. I did my time and used my books as my umbrella; pathetic, I know but everybody did it at one time or another. Getting caught in a rainstorm? On a motorcycle? Walking? Running? You name it! I did it!

So here I am reminiscing about the rain when I was on top when there hasn't been any rainfall (as far as I know) in this part of the world. I guess you really miss something that you haven't had for a long time. Hmmm it does make me think about things that I do miss the most.

It's just so pathetic that we have spent more months away from each other than we spent together. I know it's for a reason but still...it does put a dampen to my spirits, and I know his.

Sniff...the rain is bringing in melancholy thoughts. I wonder what's gotten into me.

Image: Google Images

4 deranged screams:

Aisha November 26, 2008 at 7:28 AM  

Lol! I'm glad you don't live here in Eugene kay sige ulan dani ay! Palit mi dako nga payong kay magsige na ulan sa Dec - March guro.

Sei November 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Laging umuulan dito sa Davao this past week. I kinda love it. Tugnaw-tugnaw na gamay!:)

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

hahaha... mao ba, zr? kalagot bitaw ning ulan. sure... i love rain only if I'm staying inside our house unya garelax dayon tulog hehehe. pero kung naa ka lakwon... waaaaaaaahhh... "bw*s*t" ang sige masulti nako. makaguba og sked. hehehe!

Zeee November 27, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

@Aisha: hahahaha mao gyud...I think mka relate ko ni Bella (Twilight) ana...hahahaha :D

@Sei: hahahahaha nice ng tugnay if naa ka'y person na you can hug... *blush*

@dhe: makaguba gyud ug sked...luckily wala'y ulan dinhi pa...altho gahapon sa PM nikusog ang ulan pero it's nothing compared to Pinas nga one week or two weeks straight ang ulan...hehehehe