Crazy Winter Weather

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve is merely hours away. Well, it is if you are living in other parts of the world. In my world, it’s still the 23rd of December and Christmas Eve is just around the corner.

Living in a new country is not easy for me. With the drastic changes in the weather it is a small miracle that I have adjusted as well as I hoped I would. If you’re coming from a tropical country, you would understand what I mean.

Back in the Philippines, we only had two seasons – the wet season and the dry season. Basically, that means that we practically wear summer clothes all year long. This becomes a pain because I have, no I NEED to buy winter clothes! Unfortunately, winter clothes are pretty expensive this time of the year even with weekly sales and such. I did manage to find affordable winter clothes and BabyPhat Shoes to go with it in time for the holidays and the crazy weather.

It’s during this time that I wish for “winter” in the tropics where the cold is bearable. At Christmas, I can get away with wearing the skimpiest outfit that I could find in my closet without wearing a jacket!

1 deranged screams:

Aisha December 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Yeah, this is one of my difficult adjustments here, winter clothes LOL!