Scenic Sunday: Revisiting the Japanese Garden

Monday, December 22, 2008


Last September, When I got my new SLR camera, I tried it out at the Japanese Garden in Van Nuys, California. Now that I have Ashton, I decided to revisit the place and try him out there (I'm getting very superstitious).

I can't believe how terribly complicated Ashton is! There were new knobs and selections and various selections that I haven't even began exploring yet. However, I tried my luck (without reading the manual) and clicked away. I still have a lot to learn (two times) but I guess that is to be expected since Ashton and I haven't really bonded yet. So far, I am satisfied with the results.

What do you guys think?

Japanese Garden
Japanese Garden
Japanese Garden
Japanese Garden

12 deranged screams:

Norm December 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

awesome!!!those pictures are wonderful, a beautiful garden. nice shot..

Aisha December 22, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Gosh! These shots are so stunning! Grabe ka chada kaayo sa mga pics uy! Gusto sab ko sa imo camera.

Zeee December 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Thanks Norm!

Aish! Papalit na ni Steven...hehehehe mabuang ko sa ka-complicated ni "Ashton" :)

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Of course your shots are lovely! I like the 4th shot best! (blue kasi!) You just need to make yourself familiar with Ashton and I know you'd discover many settings that would make your photos 'phenomenal'... Ako din hindi pa sanay, mas ok na sakin ang phone camera lol. Have a nice week, enjoy!

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

Really cool photos. Breathtaking. The look of the clouds and the water are fantastic.

Angel.Pearls December 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

Thanks for nice comment at my place! Nice photos, congratulations to your new "friend" and good luck!! //Eva

Baruch December 22, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Your photos are beautiful & the location stunning

Unknown December 23, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

Wow cool pictures...thanks for visiting my page.....blessings....

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Wow...You must be really enjoying your new camera..and beautiful photos..

Unknown December 23, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

Wow sis beautiful shots. Inggit ako gusto ko rin ng Nikon!

Happy Holidays dear!

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

I think the photos look great, HOWEVER, how does the camera do with low light and no flash? To me, that's the acid test. Lucky you to have a new d90. Say hello to Ashton for me!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, that's a horse grazing (!!!) through the snow.

Zeee December 24, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

@Sara: I haven't tried it on low light situations without flash but I'm sure it will work out great since ISO can be set to 3200..I still have to explore it's features though... :)