Saturday, December 20, 2008
I woke up to the sound of happiness! Yup, I got my new Nikon D90 kit as an early Christmas present! This kit has a D90 Digital SLR Camera, 2 Zoom-NIKKOR Lenses with VR Image Stabilization, a system case, a 2 GB SD Memory Card and a Bonus DVD (Nikon School's Understanding Digital Photography). Cool isn't it?
I know it was just a few months ago that I had my Nikon D40 camera but my mom has been bugging me to teach her how to use the SLR camera....so that explains the D90. I'm not one to grumble over my good fortune, though and I can't wait to tinker around with my new gear!
I guess this means that I will be out for the holidays and test Ashton (that's what I'm calling my new Nikon D90). I can see that Ashton and I will take many exciting and wonderful photos together. Oh okay, Ashton is a weird name to call a camera but if you've been paying attention to the commercials you would know what I am saying hehehehe.Check out the D90 Specs!
- 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor: Coupled with Nikon's EXPEED image processing technologies and NIKKOR optics, breathtaking image fidelity is assured.
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second: Combined with fast 0.15ms power-up and split-second 65ms shooting lag, dramatic action and decisive moments are captured easily.
- World’s first D-SLR with an HD movie mode: Record cinematic-quality 24fps movie clips with sound at up to 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG format, enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200: High signal-to-noise components and design deliver exceptional performance, even at high ISO setting.
- 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD monitor: High resolution, 170-degree wide-angle viewing guarantees confident image review and movie playback.
- Built-in image sensor cleaning: Effective 4-frequency, ultrasonic sensor cleaning frees image degrading dust particles from the sensor's optical low pass filter.
- 11-point AF system with Face Priority: Consistently fast and accurate autofocus, reinforced by the Nikon Scene Recognition System, delivers razor sharpness in a wide variety of conditions.
- One-button Live View: Easy to use Live View activates access to 3 contrast detection focus modes including Face Priority AF.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System: Nikon's renowned 420-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Metering II, teamed with the exclusive Scene Recognition System, evaluates images, referencing an on-board database of over 30,000 photographic scenes, for unmatched exposure accuracy.
- Comprehensive exposure control: Five advanced scene modes plus Program Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual.
- Auto Active D-Lighting: Selectable and Automatic, Active D-Lighting optimizes details within shadows and highlights, taming high-contrast situations in real time.
- Durable, high precision shutter: Testing to over 100,000 cycles assures shutter life and accuracy.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Creative freedom stems from exclusive in-camera image editing, featuring Fisheye effect, Straighten and Distortion Control as well as D-Lighting, Red-eye Reduction, Image Overlay, Monochrome and more.
- GPS geo-tagging: GP-1 GPS unit (optional) provides automatic real-time geo-tagging.