Weekly Questions: Happiness

Wednesday, December 17, 2008


This question hit me hard and I had to think about what to write about. A simple question but it calls for a complicated answer, don't you think?

Are you happy?

Happiness as defined by Merriam-Webster is "a state of well-being and contentment." Yet it is difficult to define it when it comes to your own personal happiness, right? Right. It is quite easy to say "I am not happy" than it is to say "I am truly happy." In fact, I have learned that a lot of things that I thought would make me happy really didn't make me happy.

Inasmuch as I would try to believe that I am happy, I find that there is something lacking. It is not discontentment, mind you, but something more. Sure, I may have more that others have today but I find that it is not enough.

My life, while growing up was quite happy, but complicated. We all have our own personal stories, so I am not going to bore you with mine. Suffice is to say that my childhood was unique however, I was spoiled. I used to think that everything could be solved by material things, and for a time, they where.

Someone told me once that their family may not have what I have but they were happy. They lived simply but they were together. I was slowly welcomed into their home and I realized that there was more to being happy than I thought.

This made me remember the song Love Will Be Our Home that I kept listening to when I was still a child and this time, I know why I love the song so much. I listen to this song right now and I cried. I finally know what it truly means and why I was drawn to this song.


I am happy. It only took one person to make me happy.

-----
I also wrote something here.

9 deranged screams:

Anonymous December 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Hay Z, so true, we can't measure happiness with the things we have, most of the time,we measure it by the things we don't have. As such, we are more appreciative of the people around us, especially our loved ones.

Thank you and wish you and your mom not just happiness but JOY this season :)

Zeee December 17, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

thanks Miss Julie... :)

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

Yeah, I know this song and I love it too. There was a girl I know who used to sing it but I didn't like her that much hahaha! Anyway, I think love and God makes me whole. I'm glad you are happy, Z'riz. :)

Aisha December 18, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

Di ko kaundang ug kanta ani LOL

Zeee December 18, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

So true again Aish...and yeah nice kaayo ang song...I used to listen to it before pero wa ko kasabot ngano gnahan kaayo ko :)

Song stuck in your head sa? :)

maiylah December 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

glad to know you're happy, sis! :)
enjoy the holidays

Zeee December 18, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

thanks sis...I hope you will, too :)

Unknown December 18, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

Hey Girl!

You radiate happiness! I am happy whatever comes my way as long as I am with somebody I love I will remain happy.

Stay happy!

Zeee December 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

thanks sis... hmmm when you're with the people that you love, you are happy talaga....