Movies: Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Crystal Skull

Friday, June 13, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a 2008 adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, from a story co-written by executive producer George Lucas. Set in 1957, the fourth film in the Indiana Jones film series pits an older Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) against agents of the Soviet Union, led by Irina Spalko (Cate Blanchett), in the search for a crystal skull. Indy is aided by his former lover Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen), the greaser "Mutt" Williams (Shia LaBeouf), and fellow adventurer Mac (Ray Winstone).
I saw the movie yesterday at the Century Theaters near our apartment. It was a typical Indiana Jones film and it was also a typical Steven Spielberg film. Of course, I won't give spoilers in this post. It would be unfair for those who haven't seen it and would want to see the movie in the future.
I have always been fascinated about archeology, just like Never Dainty. In fact, I still love watching archeology series on the Discovery Channel and the National Geographic Channel. To add to that, I have also been fascinated about all the old temples, old civilizations and the like and would watch anything related to this genre. Hmm, no wonder Never Dainty and me rub together smoothly like two peas in a pod! Ehemmm...
Moving on. I will admit, however, that I slept a good 20 minutes in the middle of the movie! It wasn't because the film was boring! Ha! It seems that jet lag has been catching up to me! Anyway, my mom said that I didn't miss much. Well, I didn't miss the snake....hehehehe
The first time the hero = Indiana Jones = Harrison Ford, was shown pretty much had me at the edge of my seat. I was looking forward to seeing him with the goods: fedora, leather jacket, and the bull whip. And it was not a disappointment. Although Mr. Ford showed signs of aging (yeah it is very apparent that he is getting older), that didn't stop him from acting exceptionally! He was still the old Indy from his previous Indiana Jones films. I also loved the fact that he mentioned another favorite actor Sean Connery which played his father, Henry Jones, Sr. in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Speaking of which, I want to go visit Petra!).
This movie is action packed, full of laughs, full of surprises and yes, it is apparent that Steven Spielberg AND George Lucas were behind it. You will know what I'm talking about when you see it!

Image & Introduction from Wikipedia



Like this article? Add me

0 deranged screams: