Scam Watch: Paypal Account Hacked!

Friday, August 22, 2008

After doing my usual routine, studying, calling my hubby and my morning regimen, it was late in the afternoon that I decided to check my mails and messages. I received one startling message from my friend Mitch and she asked me to read her post regarding her current dilemma: her PayPal account just got hacked! Not only that, but it seems that her EON account has also been accessed by this freak and withdrawals where already made! To top it all off, she can't access her PayPal account anymore because it was CLOSED!

This is quite an outrage! I don't know what slimeball would do such a thing. I know there are a lot of despicable people online these days and I even blogged about it when my friend Ruby also got scammed online. Read my article Get Smart or Get Scammed for more details.

I guess this means that we have to be on guard guys. Perhaps, we need to bombard questions to PayPal and ask how they are safeguarding their clients from despicable people.

Check out Mitch's blog When Silence Speaks and read her post about this dilemma!

Image: Google Images

Like this article? Add me

11 deranged screams:

Kat August 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

That is scary. Especially if your account has a lot of money already. Wah.

Zeee August 22, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Yup it is scary! I'm still waiting for her to be online. I want to know if Paypal addressed her problem.

I'm currently checking my Paypal account to see if someone is hacking it!

PINAY MOMMY August 23, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

gosh mommy, you never know what i have been through last night. as in i was way over my head changing passwords for all my online accounts. i guess nobody could blame me. i have been scammed several times and now knowing close people being scammed with their accounts. my...im still skaing right now!


Pinay Mommy Online
Blessings and Beyond
Mommy Earns Money Online
Pinay Mommies Community

maiylah August 25, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

nakakatakot! wonder how the hacker got both her accounts! grabe ... sama naman! :(

Zeee August 26, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

I know sis! I'm obsessively checking my paypal accounts... anyway what was worse is that he used another email address to access her account! She even received emails regarding the transactions! This alerted her that something was wrong and when she checked her email!

Anonymous August 26, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

oh no!.. I think I have to do what Mommy is doing too.. changing passwords and etc..

This is so sad...

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles

Zeee August 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

yup! Although some people can hack your account using different passwords... :(

Anonymous August 26, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

Hello zriz, thanks for sharing this info. This is sad and scary.

The worst is di rin mahuhuli kung sino man ang mga gumagawa nito. Kaya tayo na lang ang mag-ingat.


Straight from the Heart
BestPinayMom Mighty in Spirit

Zeee August 27, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

Yup Yup! It is scary! Just watch out if you get a message that your account is on limited mode. Never click from your email dapat sa paypal website ka kasi that's one of the ways where your account gets hacked! :D

aeirin August 27, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

thanks zriz for sharing this. Napapranoid n nga ako kakapalit ng password ko. Updated n din lahat ng antivirus, antimalware, etc ko sa takot mahack paypal ko..

anyway, I have an award for you

http://www.irisaeirincollections.com/2008/08/million-dollar-friend-award.html

Zeee August 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

thanks for the award sis! :)

I know nakakatakot ang nangyari ni Mitch...careful na tayo next time...