Vote YES on Comments

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I admit that I have been becoming quite disenchanted with the blogosphere these days. Blame it on the crappy weather we're having or the climate or some other "girly" phenomena and I will refute you! Honestly, I'm not going through any of the aforementioned conditions, rather, I have realized that quite a number of people just drop by your blogs, leave a message on the cbox or shoutbox (or whatever it is the current blogger is using), saying that your blog is great and then they request for link exchanges. Acccckkk!! Please! It's not that I don't approve of what they're doing but showing some love on the blog would mean that you have read at least one post and comment on the said post.

Seriously, people just tend to drop EC credits (or some other platform with the same concept) just to gain traffic to their sites. Again, I do not disapprove of this practice but it would be better to leave constructive or non constructive, as the case may be, comments to a post which, I believe, will guarantee you a visit back to your site. I do that to all those who comment on my posts and it does have a good turnback rate.

In any case, commenting on a post shows that you are indeed interrested in what that blogger has to say. As of this morning, I have removed all cboxes and shoutboxes on all my blogs because I noticed that no one even read the note that I placed above the cbox. Figures.

I am an avid commenter, although I have slowed down these past few weeks because I was busy but I do read AND comment on blogs that are on my RSS reader. I only use the reader to check if my subscribed blogs have new posts and then I hop on over and read their posts and comment accordingly.

Now my blogs are starting anew and I hope more people would comment to show their interest, perhaps not on my blog, but maybe on others.

Image: Google Images

7 deranged screams:

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

i did removed my cbox before but opted to put it back because some people don't really have the time to comment on my post.

cbox or on my post, i do appreciate all sorts of comments except for spam but of course, i really love it when they put few words on my post especially related one. ^_^

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

good for you!

:D

thanks for always commenting on my posts...

Kat November 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

Haha, this is exactly the rant I've made a few days after I signed up for Entrecard. I like getting new readers and reading new blogs, but somehow many of them defeat the actual reason why I went into blogging the first place.

Zeee November 11, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

@Mami R: hmmm people just leave "i love you blog, can we xlinks?" comments on my cbox or something like "dropping by!" and I just don't bother dropping by their blogs...hmmmm I did that before and all they did was leave a message and once you dropped by their site, that's that.

@Lurch: yup...you should start commenting...hahahaha demanding man?

@Kat: I definitely agree...it defeats the purpose of why I blog, too. Some people are just "self-centered." In flickr.com, there are groups that actually require you to comment on the photos before you can add your own photo to the pool; a wonderful idea!

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

yeah...they always do that. but somehow, i have given up with entrecard. i just place the widget for those that come by to my blog just to drop. don't want them to feel disappointed. hahaha...

i also try to comment back to those that comment on my blog and to those who have interesting post. but in general i am a lurker, i read and sometimes i don't comment. ^_^

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

I'm thinking of removing my Cbox because of these spammers. What I hate most is reading a message from someone that visited my blog for the very first time and just leaves a message asking for a link exchange.

Those people knows nothing about blog etiquette.

Zeee November 11, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

@Mommy Ruby: Yeah I don't use entrecard as much as I used to. people just drop EC credits and then leave which defeats the purpose of visiting the blog in the first place. Actually, it's better to comment on posts that grab your interest because it shows that you have read it and would definitely enlighten the posters' mood. That's why I am all for not lurking but commenting. I mean, how will the poster know that you read her post when you don't even leave a comment? Leaving constructive comments does't take time at all. Well, this is my personal view.

@Pinoy: I agree. i received a lot of requests for link exchanges and they didn't even take time to click on the post that I specifically placed for link exchanges which made me decide not to reciprocate at all (especially if the request was left on the cbox).