Still Raining in this Corner

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's still raining here in Dumaguete today. I know I shouldn't rant about this rain because thankkfully, nothing eventful happened here because of the rain. Neighboring municipalities and cities here in Negros Oriental were not so fortunate. It was on the news last night. They experienced flash floods due to the typhoon Butchoy.
According to the Philippine Daily Inquirer; "Typhoon "Butchoy'' exited the country on Monday, giving way to a new low pressure area, but not before inducing monsoon rains over southern Luzon and the Visayas that could herald the onset of the rainy season." Perhaps this explained the floods over at Bayawan City and the Municipality of Sta. Catalina. Although I don't have all the facts about their current status and/or casualties, I could only guess at it. It was reported last night, however that one person died while crossing a river. Of course, when Mother Nature is at her worst, no one can escape. I just feel so sorry about them. Which makes me count my blessings that we weren't as affected by the typhoon as they were.

Current Weather Forecast in Dumaguete City by Weather Underground
Wednesday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind SSW 11 mph. / 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation 30%.

Hope it won't come to this! I still have duty this afternoon!



0 deranged screams: